September was an exciting, busy month. Labor Day weekend took me to Copenhagen for a quick introduction to Denmark. Two weeks later, I returned to Europe for 13 days traveling throughout Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich and Paris.
Last fall, I promised myself I’d attend Oktoberfest this year. Working back from time planned in Munich, I decided to explore another German city, Berlin and return to two cities I’ve visited before and wanted to spend more time in- Amsterdam and Paris.
Both trips were incredible, and I can’t wait to write more about them. But, I’m also looking forward to slowing down for a few weeks and taking time to enjoy my favorite season in one of my favorite cities.
For now though, a few moments from September’s travels-
WHAT IS #TAKE12TRIPS?
#Take12Trips is the only resolution I made this year- a promise to commit to doing something once a month. Anything counts- it can be dinner at a new place, visiting a new museum or spending the weekend at a cute B&B in the country. It doesn’t need to be an epic trip to a foreign country, just the chance to discover something new.
Where #Take12Trips has taken me thus far this year:
- January: Orlando, Florida
- February: Astoria, Queens
- March: Charleston, South Carolina
- April: Philly, Seattle, Tulum, Boston, Cape Cod
- May: Bushwick, Brooklyn
- June: London, UK
- July: Pittsburgh, PA
- August: Pittsburgh, PA
- September: Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich
I haven’t fully planned my trips for the rest of the year, but this is the work-in-progress schedule:
- October: Paris in the beginning of the month & just booked a trip to Utah & Nevada for my birthday at the end of the month! Planning to do a mini-road trip and hike a few parks- Bryce Canyon, Zion, Valley of Fire.
- November: TBD. Previously, I’d planned to run a race in Big Sur mid-month, but an injury with my left foot has me rethinking those plans
- December: Pittsburgh for the holidays, and potentially Mexico City between the holidays and NYE
Are you planning any trips you’re excited about?
3 thoughts on “#Take12Trips: September”
I love this idea of taking some time each month to explore somewhere, whether it’s your local area or somewhere further afield. I was in Paris this weekend just gone, my favourite spots were the towers of Notre Dame (which I felt offered the best view of the skyline), the Jardin de Luxembourg and the Catacombes (eerie but fascinating) – enjoy your trip!
Thank you! 🙂
Paris is one of my favorite cities, so beautiful and so much to do and explore. I haven’t seen the view from the top of Notre Dame, but I love seeing the city from the Arc de Triomphe- great sweeping views of the city with the Eiffel Tower, it’s especially beautiful at sunset. Also loved the Catacombs & Jardin de Luxembourg, great spots!
We missed sunset, but were up the Arc de Triomphe at night so saw the Eiffel Tower twinkling away in the distance instead. The view from Notre Dame is stunning, I’d highly recommend it 🙂