September was an exciting, busy month. Labor Day weekend took me to Copenhagen for a quick introduction to Denmark. Two weeks later, I returned to Europe for 13 days traveling throughout Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich and Paris.
Last fall, I promised myself I’d attend Oktoberfest this year. Working back from time planned in Munich, I decided to explore another German city, Berlin and return to two cities I’ve visited before and wanted to spend more time in- Amsterdam and Paris.
Both trips were incredible, and I can’t wait to write more about them. But, I’m also looking forward to slowing down for a few weeks and taking time to enjoy my favorite season in one of my favorite cities.
For now though, a few moments from September’s travels-
WHAT IS #TAKE12TRIPS?
#Take12Trips is the only resolution I made this year- a promise to commit to doing something once a month. Anything counts- it can be dinner at a new place, visiting a new museum or spending the weekend at a cute B&B in the country. It doesn’t need to be an epic trip to a foreign country, just the chance to discover something new.
Where #Take12Trips has taken me thus far this year:
- January: Orlando, Florida
- February: Astoria, Queens
- March: Charleston, South Carolina
- April: Philly, Seattle, Tulum, Boston, Cape Cod
- May: Bushwick, Brooklyn
- June: London, UK
- July: Pittsburgh, PA
- August: Pittsburgh, PA
- September: Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich
I haven’t fully planned my trips for the rest of the year, but this is the work-in-progress schedule:
- October: Paris in the beginning of the month & just booked a trip to Utah & Nevada for my birthday at the end of the month! Planning to do a mini-road trip and hike a few parks- Bryce Canyon, Zion, Valley of Fire.
- November: TBD. Previously, I’d planned to run a race in Big Sur mid-month, but an injury with my left foot has me rethinking those plans
- December: Pittsburgh for the holidays, and potentially Mexico City between the holidays and NYE
Are you planning any trips you’re excited about?