October kicked off in a city that’s become one of my favorite places, Paris.
My first time in Paris, I liked the city, but didn’t love it. This trip, I stayed in Le Marais and spent the majority of my time just wandering, stopping at cute wine bars and gardens as I went. There wasn’t much of an agenda, which I think helped shift my perception of Paris, giving me time to appreciate the city for what it is.
Coming back to New York early in the month gave me plenty of time to enjoy my favorite season in the big apple. I’d planned a trip out to Utah to do some birthday hiking at the end of the month, but decided not to go at the last minute. I’m excited to share more about why I decided not to go in coming weeks, but staying put in NYC gave me a chance to explore more of the city, and check out some bars and restaurants that’ve been on my list for a while.
Hope you’re having a great October as well 🙂
WHAT IS #TAKE12TRIPS?
#Take12Trips is the only resolution I made this year- a promise to commit to doing something once a month. Anything counts- it can be dinner at a new place, visiting a new museum or spending the weekend at a cute B&B in the country. It doesn’t need to be an epic trip to a foreign country, just the chance to discover something new.
Where #Take12Trips has taken me thus far this year:
- January: Orlando, Florida
- February: Astoria, Queens
- March: Charleston, South Carolina
- April: Philly, Seattle, Tulum, Boston, Cape Cod
- May: Bushwick, Brooklyn
- June: London, UK
- July: Pittsburgh, PA
- August: Pittsburgh, PA
- September: Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich
- October: Paris
I haven’t fully planned my trips for the rest of the year, but this is the work-in-progress schedule:
- November: TBD. Previously, I’d planned to run a race in Big Sur mid-month, but an injury with my left foot has me rethinking those plans
- December: Pittsburgh for the holidays, and potentially Mexico City between the holidays and NYE
Are you planning any trips you’re excited about?