With a new year, comes new adventures. Having just moved to a foreign country, I’m so excited to start exploring everything around me.
But, just like everyone else, sometimes I get stuck in a rut and just want to go home every day, curl up on the couch and relax. But, since deciding to prioritize travel in my life, I’ve discovered that new adventures, big and small, have a way of uplifting you and brining new inspiration.
These quotes are some of the ones I come back to when I need to make travel a priority, they inspire me to explore the world to see it for what it really is.
10 Travel Quotes to Inspire Your Next Adventure
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” -Ibn Battuta
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustave Flaubert
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” -Anonymous
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” -Mark Twain
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” -Aldous Huxley
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” -John Steinbeck
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” -Lawrence Block
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” –Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” –Alan Keightley
- “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” -Matthew Karsten