This month, I visited a few new cities and a new continent! Asia has been on my list for quite a while, but a trip just never seemed to come to fruition- parts of the US and Europe have always been bigger priorities.
After spending a week and a half in Hong Kong, Macau and Japan though, I’m eager to get back to Asia and explore more. As of now, I’m planning on making it back to Asia at least once next year to visit Bali and Thailand, and potentially Singapore or Cambodia.
I’ll share more about my time traveling in May in future posts, but let’s just say I fell hard for Hong Kong, and absoluetly loved Tokyo and Kyoto. If you’ve been to any of these places, you’ll undoubtedly understand- they’re incredible corners of the world.
My travel plans for the year aren’t fully planned, but here’s what I’m thinking so far for #Take12Trips:
- January: Moved to London (!!!), weekend trip to Edinburgh, Scotland
- February: Weekend in Orlando and Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon
- March: A brief return to Austin and couple of days in Marfa, Texas, day trip to Oxford, and weekend in Paris
- April: Weekend trips to Stockholm/Gothenburg, and Milan/Venice (praise hands for bank holidays)
- May: 11 days in Asia, visiting Hong Kong & Japan
- June: Staying in the UK, visiting Brighton and Hampton Court Palace
- July: Staying in the UK, visiting Bath
- August: TBD, likely quick trips to Dublin, Amsterdam, Rome and Paris (looks like my sister will be visiting for a bit), and likely a day trip to Colchester
- September: A long weekend in Barcelona and hopefully Seville, and Seattle for a wedding at the end of the month
- October: TBD, likely 1-2 weekend trips in Lisbon and Prague
- November: TBD, likely a weekend in the English countryside
- December: Weekend trip to Germany to visit a Christmas market, and heading to Orlando to celebrate the holidays with my family in the sunshine
WHAT IS #TAKE12TRIPS?
#Take12Trips in 2017 is a continuation of the only resolution I made in 2016- a promise to commit to doing something once a month. Anything counts- it can be dinner at a new place, visiting a new museum or spending the weekend at a cute B&B in the country. It doesn’t need to be an epic trip to a foreign country, just the chance to discover something new.
How about you? Are you planning any trips this year that you’re excited about?