Summer is officially in full swing, #PraiseHands. It’s my first summer in London, and I’m slowing down my out of country travel for a few weeks to see more of England and appreciate London’s warm weather and blue skies.
At the beginning of the month, I headed to Hampton Court Palace for a day trip. Mid-month, I took the train to Brighton for a day-trip, and could not have picked a better day- 75 degrees Fahrenheit, and nothing but sunshine. Since then, I’ve been using the weekends to relax and see more of a few London neighborhoods- Chelsea, Hampstead and Shoreditch.
My fall will be filled with travel, so I’m enjoying this slower pace for the next few weeks. Hope your summer is off to a great start as well 🙂
My travel plans for the year aren’t fully planned, but here’s what I’m thinking so far for #Take12Trips:
- January: Moved to London (!!!), weekend trip to Edinburgh, Scotland
- February: Weekend in Orlando and Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon
- March: A brief return to Austin and couple of days in Marfa, Texas, day trip to Oxford, and weekend in Paris
- April: Weekend trips to Stockholm/Gothenburg, and Milan/Venice (praise hands for bank holidays)
- May: Week and a half in Hong Kong, Macau, Japan
- June: Stayed in the UK, visiting Brighton and Hampton Court Palace
- July: Staying in the UK, visiting Bath
- August: Quick trips to Dublin, Amsterdam, Rome and Paris with my sister while she visits, and a day trip to Colchester, England
- September: Long weekend in Barcelona and hopefully Seville, and Seattle for a wedding at the end of the month
- October: TBD, likely 1-2 weekend trips in Lisbon and Prague
- November: TBD, likely a weekend trip reachable by train/short flight
- December: Weekend trip to Germany to visit a Christmas market, and heading to Orlando to celebrate the holidays with my family in the sunshine
WHAT IS #TAKE12TRIPS?
#Take12Trips in 2017 is a continuation of the only resolution I made in 2016- a promise to commit to doing something once a month. Anything counts- it can be dinner at a new place, visiting a new museum or spending the weekend at a cute B&B in the country. It doesn’t need to be an epic trip to a foreign country, just the chance to discover something new.
How about you? Are you planning any trips this year that you’re excited about?