What. a. month. My sister visited for a week and a half in the beginning of the month, and it was truly a whirlwind trip. In 11 days, we traipsed about London, flew to Amsterdam and Dublin, and took the train to Paris.
I loved showing my sister some of my favourite places, and discovering new things with her. But, y’all, at the end of the trip, I was exhausted. In hindsight, I should have taken another day off work to rest once she left, but of course I tried to jump back into things and came to regret it several days later when I got sick. Thankfully, it was only a sinus infection, but one so bad it took me out of commission for almost two weeks.
In the end, I had to postpone a trip to Bath and some London explorations, but it was worth it for the rest. With the month coming to a close, I’m grateful for a bank holiday weekend to rest a bit more, and get back into a routine.
All this time spent on my sofa has resulted in few goods things, including a lot of writing and trip planning. I’ve pretty much firmed up my fall travel plans (below), and have started daydreaming about a few big trips next year- thinking South Africa, Bali, Greece & Croatia, and perhaps Thailand as well.
Excited to be heading into my favourite season with a few fun trips on the horizon!
Favourite Memories from the Month
Here’s where I’m headed for #Take12Trips in 2017:
- January: Moved to London (!!!), weekend trip to Edinburgh, Scotland
- February: Weekend in Orlando and Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon
- March: A brief return to Austin and couple of days in Marfa, Texas, day trip to Oxford, and weekend in Paris
- April: Weekend trips to Stockholm/Gothenburg, and Milan/Venice (praise hands for bank holidays)
- May: Week and a half in Hong Kong, Macau, Japan
- June: Stayed in the UK, visited Brighton and Hampton Court Palace
- July: Stayed in the UK, explored parts of London and visited lavender fields
- August: Amsterdam, Dublin, Paris, and Colchester, England
- September: Barcelona & Seville, day trips to Bath and Stratford-on-Avon, and Seattle for a wedding
- October: Weekend in Prague, potentially a day trip to Cambridge
- November: Long weekend in Porto & Lisbon
- December: Weekend in Munich/Nuremberg to visit Christmas markets, and Orlando to celebrate the holidays in the sunshine
WHAT IS #TAKE12TRIPS?
#Take12Trips in 2017 is a continuation of the only resolution I made in 2016- a promise to commit to doing something once a month. Anything counts- it can be dinner at a new place, visiting a new museum or spending the weekend at a cute B&B in the country. It doesn’t need to be an epic trip to a foreign country, just the chance to discover something new.
How about you? Are you planning any trips this year that you’re excited about?
Other Posts You May Like
Categories: #Take12Trips 2017