October. Quite possibly the best month yet. It’s no secret autumn is my favourite season (as witnessed by the pumpkin takeover on my Instagram).
Autumn has long been the season I most look forward to- crisper days, beautiful foliage, Halloween traditions, pumpkin everything and some seriously cozy vibes.
Coming home from Seattle, I kicked off this month with a weekend in Prague. Having seen photos of the city, I knew I’d like Prague. It’s stunningly beautiful, but gorgeous architecture isn’t the only thing Prague has to offer. The city is an eclectic mix of culture, medieval history, nightlife, and one of Europe’s most affordable cities. One weekend wasn’t nearly enough time- already itching to return and explore more of the Czech Republic.
Returning to the UK, I spent the rest of the month in London. Wandering neighbourhoods to enjoy the signs of fall, trying new restaurants and cocktail bars, going to my first football game, and revelling in 30th birthday celebrations- it was a wonderful month.
Favourite Moments from the Month
Weekend in Prague
Wandering Notting Hill & Kensington
First Footie Game at Dulwich Hamlet
Enjoying Everything Autumn & My Favourite Season, Halloween
Here’s where I’m headed for #Take12Trips in 2017:
- January: Moved to London (!!!), weekend trip to Edinburgh, Scotland
- February: Weekend in Orlando and Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon
- March: A brief return to Austin and couple of days in Marfa, Texas, day trip to Oxford, and weekend in Paris
- April: Weekend trips to Stockholm/Gothenburg, and Milan/Venice (praise hands for bank holidays)
- May: Week and a half in Hong Kong, Macau, Japan
- June: Stayed in the UK, visited Brighton and Hampton Court Palace
- July: Stayed in the UK, explored parts of London and visited lavender fields
- August: Amsterdam, Dublin, Paris, and Colchester, England
- September: Barcelona & Seville, day trips to Bath and Geneva, and a long weekend in Seattle for a wedding
- October: Weekend in Prague
- November: Still between a long weekend in Portugal or Italy, likely also a day trip to Cambridge
- December: Weekend in Munich/Nuremberg (and maybe Vienna) to visit Christmas markets, and Orlando to celebrate the holidays in the sunshine
WHAT IS #TAKE12TRIPS?
#Take12Trips in 2017 is a continuation of the only resolution I made in 2016- a promise to commit to doing something once a month. Anything counts- it can be dinner at a new place, visiting a new museum or spending the weekend at a cute B&B in the country. It doesn’t need to be an epic trip to a foreign country, just the chance to discover something new.
How about you? Are you planning any trips this year that you’re excited about?