Remember that time I wrote a monthly recap for March before the month was even over because I was so ahead on posts?
No denying that’s no longer the case. With an April where I was traveling outside the country or to different parts of England every weekend, and a May that saw similar levels of activity, I fell behind on post writing.
Both months were wonderful though- busy, but great. As for the rest of the year, I’m hitting reset on my plans to try and work a few more weekend getaways into my late summer and fall. I haven’t started booking travel yet, which is why so many months below are TBD for now.
Up next in June? A weekend in Edinburgh to see the friends from the States I drove around Ireland with. I left them in Galway, but they’re continuing the trip through Northern Ireland and Scotland for another week before ending in Edinburgh. Excited to see Scotland in the summertime 🙂
Favourite Moments from Both Months
7 Sisters County Park
Here’s what I’m thinking so far for #Take12Trips 2018:
- January: Weekend in Marrakesh, Morocco
- February: Weekend in Hamburg, Germany
- March: Weekend in Riga, Latvia; day trip to Whitstable; long weekend in Norway (Bergen & Stavanger)
- April: Weekend trips to Amsterdam to see tulips, and to Krakow, Poland
- May: Day trips to Hastings, 7 Sisters County Park and the Cotswolds; weekend in Vilnius, Lithuania; and a road trip around Ireland at month end
- June: Weekend in Edinburgh
- July: TBD
- August: Weekend in Dublin mid-month for the Rock ‘n Roll half and considering adding a few days in Belfast onto that trip.
- September: TBD
- October: Oxford for a race, and Indiana in the States mid-month for a wedding
- November: TBD
- December: TBD
How about you? Are you planning any trips this year that you’re excited about?