Peckham, one of the places just outside city centre I’ve wondered about since moving here, but somehow never made it out there to explore.
South of the city, it’s a place most often referred to as the new Shoreditch. Interested in exploring the city and looking for something to do on a Saturday night, I booked a Rooftop Film Club ticket to see Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again at a rooftop in Peckham.
A few hours ahead of the show, I hopped on the Northern line, and then transferred to the overground until we arrived at my stop- Peckham Rye.
Immediately off the train, I found myself looking every which way at all the activity me. I didn’t have much time to explore, but there’s so much happening in Peckham- HandLuggageOnly have a great guide for visiting Peckham if you’ve got a full day to explore.
Short on time, I popped into Brick House Sourdough Bakery and Bar for a flat white pick-me-up. Fully caffeinated, I set out for Peckham Levels, a 7 story car park that’s been reimagined as a co-working space, artistic galleries, restaurants and bars.
After checking out the different places on offer, I settled in at Near & Far for a cocktail.
Scoping out the view of the city from the bar’s windows, I noticed the sun starting to set and decided to walk next door to Frank’s. Somewhat of a London rooftop legend, Frank’s is a bar built atop an old industrial building with killer views of London. Here, I sipped another tipple and admired the space’s art installations. Definitely recommend for a fun summer night out with friends.
With an eye on the clock, I headed to the Bussey Building for my final stop of the night- Rooftop Film Club. Arriving a half hour before the start of the movie meant I had time to watch the last of the sun set and enjoy a honeydew martini before showtime.
Really loved seeing a show here- on one side of the rooftop, you have the theatre, and on the other, you have the rooftop bar and a few eateries. A perfect space for seeing a movie.
Post-movie, I popped into Forza Win for pasta and wine- so delicious.
All in all, a lovely late summer night in Peckham. Have you ever been to Peckham? Which neighborhood in London is your favourite to explore?
Other Posts You May Enjoy
- What to Eat at Borough Market
- London: City Guide
- 10 Things to do on Your First Visit to London
- Where to Find the Best Views in London
- Best Places for a Cocktail in London
- 15 Coffee Shops in London You’ll Love
- A Morning at Colombia Road Flower Market
- Escaping the City at Kew Gardens
- Mad Hatter Afternoon Tea in London
- A Very Merry Christmas in London
- 3 Tips for Visiting the Buckingham Palace State Rooms
- Discovering Magic at the Harry Potter Studio Tour
- 5 Places in the UK, Perfect for a Summertime Getaway
- A Day Trip to the Cotswolds from London
- Day Trip from London: Arundel Castle
- Visiting Windsor Castle from London
- Visiting Hampton Court Palace from London
- An Afternoon at Hever Castle, Anne Boleyn’s Childhood Home
- Hiking the Seven Sisters in England
- One Day in Bath, England
- Looking for Banksy in Bristol
- 5 Reasons to Visit Charming Rye
- Cornish Coastal Town Magic in Penzance
- Finding Tropical Paradise in St. Ives, England
- A Charming Day Out in Shere, England
- Down by the Sea in Hastings
- A Day by the Sea in Margate, England
- One Day in Oxford
- One Day in Canterbury, England