Shere, a village so quintessentially English, it’s been featured in numerous films (The Holiday, Bridge Jones) as a picture perfect place.
Surrey villages are some of the most beautiful in England. Think: red brick cottages, cosy pubs, a babbling brook, charm around every corner.
Recently, I hopped on a train south for a day trip to Shere. A great place for a quick break from the city, I spent the afternoon wandering Gomshall, and then Shere. Shere is a short walk (20 minutes) from the Gomshall train statin, making it easy to access without a car.
If you visit, don’t miss Shere’s cute shops, the Dabbling Duck tea room for a cream team, and stop at The White Horse and Gomshall Mill for a couple of pints.
A lovely couple of hours outside of city.
What are your favourite day trips from London, or go-to’s for city breaks?
Other Posts You May Enjoy
- What to Eat at Borough Market
- London: City Guide
- 10 Things to do on Your First Visit to London
- Where to Find the Best Views in London
- Best Places for a Cocktail in London
- 15 Coffee Shops in London You’ll Love
- A Morning at Colombia Road Flower Market
- Escaping the City at Kew Gardens
- Mad Hatter Afternoon Tea in London
- A Very Merry Christmas in London
- A Late Summer Night in Peckham
- 3 Tips for Visiting the Buckingham Palace State Rooms
- Discovering Magic at the Harry Potter Studio Tour
- 5 Places in the UK, Perfect for a Summertime Getaway
- A Day Trip to the Cotswolds from London
- Day Trip from London: Arundel Castle
- Visiting Windsor Castle from London
- Visiting Hampton Court Palace from London
- An Afternoon at Hever Castle, Anne Boleyn’s Childhood Home
- Hiking the Seven Sisters in England
- One Day in Bath, England
- Looking for Banksy in Bristol
- 5 Reasons to Visit Charming Rye
- Cornish Coastal Town Magic in Penzance
- Finding Tropical Paradise in St. Ives, England
- Down by the Sea in Hastings
- A Day by the Sea in Margate, England
- One Day in Oxford
- One Day in Canterbury, England